Sunday 24 February 2013

Desert Ecumenism

                                                                                                                                                                                                           ©MAAB

I was wondering what I'd be reading for Lent. I'm always reading something, but there is a different kind of attention to be brought at this time. To read at Lectio pace with that lovely, loose, unclenched openness is a luxury one always dreams of importing to The Work That Must Be Done. Late last week I retrieved from my shelves a book I have dipped into and after reading the Introduction, I have found this to be the One. It is David Jasper's The Sacred Desert: Religion, Literature, Art and Culture. The line quoted above is from this. The photograph is one of my father's.




No comments:

Post a Comment